Whether you are visiting our site to find out more about Te Hihi School, or a parent wanting to access information; welcome, nau mai, haere mai.
The school's motto of Character ~ Kindness ~ Courtesy is built into our school culture and always at the forefront. Along with our motto, our vision statement is "Creating the grounding for future growth". Our vision has four strands to it; preparing our students to be global citizens, connecting with real life learning through a balanced curriculum, acknowledging stewardship of the land (kaitiaki), and valuing positive relationships. The full vision statement is available from the school office.
Te Hihi School started life on 9 March 1914 and on the weekend of 7-9 March 2014 the school will celebrate it's centennial. For more information, click to go through to the centennial website or follow through Facebook by clicking on this link where you'll find some very interesting anecdotes from past pupils and families along with old photos.
If you are after information that is not available on this website, please don't hesitate to contact the school.
- The school’s curriculum promotes and supports student learning through a broad range of learning opportunities.
- There is a strong focus on writing, reading and mathematics.
- Students are highly engaged in learning and enjoy participating in their schooling.
- Teachers provide good quality teaching programmes. They have high expectations for learning.
- Effective teacher practice focuses on student learning and wellbeing.
- Teachers cater well for special needs students and are supported by high-quality teacher aide programmes.
- The school has a settled and caring culture.
- Māori students have positive attitudes to school and learning. They benefit from the respectful relationships that underpin the school culture and enjoy the leadership opportunities provided.
- The leadership of the school is highly effective.
- Good leadership and high expectations for student achievement are positive features.
- The board governs the school effectively and supports the principal and teachers in their work.
Welcome to Term 4. Being only nine and a half weeks the term will fly by. Here are some of the happenings in Term 4:
Staff Vacancy page.